We totes heart Dose and you should, too
Feels like it’s been forever since the last Dose. We know. Well, it’s finally here!
In case you need a refresher, check out our new video. And we’ve got lots more cooking for Sunday, September 25:
• Lisa Kingsley’s capsule collection debut of French linen and cobra skin bags, plus jewelry and Mexican Huilpil shirts
• June Blaker’s tapers and home and body accoutrements
• Bodkin designer Eviana Hartman brings her full fall collection
• A veritable mini-Greer: modern stationery and paper goods
• Cotour’s home and furniture collection debut
• Hillside, Pendleton, Bows + Arrows and more from Penelope’s
• Printed tees and intricate shawls from Anke Loh
• A curated selection of up-and-coming NYC-based clothing and accessories designer wares from Emerging Thoughts, presenting in Chicago for the first time
• Bill Kim’s Seoul Sauce debut, along with prepared-on-site pork-cilantro dumplings, soba noodles and edamame
• Frozen, wild-caught Alaskan salmon and smoked salmon on New York Bagel + Bialy bagels with Zingerman’s cream cheese
• New candy company Sea & Cane’s sea salt caramels, pistachio cherry nougat and chocolate “sausage” logs
• City Provisions’ Bloody Marys, plus two exclusive beers brewed by chef Cleetus Friedman
• Sweet Cakes Bakery’s brioche bostock (think portable French toast), individual bread puddings and quiche
• Franks ‘N’ Dawgs’ fanciful sausage sandwiches, like the Tur-doggin, a house-made turkey-date sausage topped with duck confit, herb aioli, pickled carrots and pickled onion relish
• Heritage Prairie Farm’s Bron’s Bees honey and a variety of organic grains
Plus: 100% recycled, limited-edition Totes Heart Dose market bags will be for sale (receive a complimentary 6-issue subscription to Time Out Chicago with your tote purchase).
What: Dose, a monthly food and fashion market (dosemarket.com)
When: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.; one Sunday per month thereafter
Where: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St. (312-321-1001; rivereastartcenter.com)
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line. 4-hour parking in the Parkview garage for $6 with Dose validation.
Price: $10 admission at the door; $8 pre-orders at dosemarket.com/tickets